Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ideas for travel games for families with an autistic child

I really enjoy the FREE Printable options from the Family Education Website. School's out and summer is here – it's the perfect time for a family vacation. Stop here...

Sometimes I read these passages and wish I could easily just pass it on as an activity for my child to work easily with. This is not so easy a task for kids on the spectrum it takes more work but is so worth every second!. Teach them the simple games, simple skills like these can help in playing games with other children as well as help with back and forth sharing skills. Besides I would rather keep my child's brain running as opposed to just sitting in a car seat staring out the window, not saying a word. Does that sound familiar. Dont sweat the big stuff, if he does not enjoy it, at least you tried and maybe several times are necessary before it sinks in. I also think having a piece of paper and marker in your bag can be a wonderful way to play a simple game to keep your child busy in a pinch. Take the time to teach these and yowill be glad you did.

Print out Family Educations booklet designed for two or more players. Games like Tic-Tac-Toe, Hangman, Dots, and others will keep your children happily entertained while traveling. Print your booklet or you can print your favorite individual games:
Dots to Boxes
Hangman
Join Five
SOS
Tic-Tac-Toe


I also happened to recently see a game by Melissa and Doug called Hangman. It is a faulous wood board that has all the pieces attached via cords. Its simple and perfect way to challenge a child with a word game and not have to worry about pieces flying everywhere in a car. Brilliant.

jax chachitz

3 comments:

Floortime Repository said...

these games are terrific. I am going to post a link to your blog on my site www.floortimerepository.com.
I just added you to stumble upon. Keep up the great work.

Alexis

atelier jax said...

Thanks Alexis, your site is excellent too! jax

Jack said...

Thanks for sharing! Your link is really helpful. I would love to add one more: https://tictactoefree.com/printable - this page with different number of boards on on paper helps me a lot.